Are you looking for HVAC service in the Boerne area? Concerned about making the right choice for your home and budget? Read this abbreviated guide to finding the right local HVAC contractor, and be sure of your choice! Before You Call Research licensing and insurance requirements for contractors in your state. Know the model information… The post Hiring the Best Possible HVAC Contractor for the Job – A Guide appeared first on San Antonio Air Conditioning and Heating.
Are you looking for HVAC service in the Boerne area? Concerned about making the right choice for your home and budget? Read this abbreviated guide to finding the right local HVAC contractor, and be sure of your choice!
Before You Call
- Research licensing and insurance requirements for contractors in your state.
- Know the model information of your current system, as well as its maintenance history.
- Do a walk-through of your home, noting any rooms that are particularly uncomfortable, temperature-wise. This way, you know what to ask for of your HVAC professional.
Finding Your Professional
- Ask others for referrals. Some people to consider inquiring with are friends, family, coworkers and those in your neighborhood or subdivision. In doing this, you can access unfiltered reviews of service and hear details that you aren’t likely to find on any website.
- Faced with a lack of referrals? Contact the local trade organization in your area to find members who are HVAC providers. If you’re looking for HVAC service in Boerne , check local listings in newspapers, online forums and bulletin boards, as well.
- Search for the star. ENERGY STAR providers are those who sell products certified by the government to provide excellent service with lower cost and energy usage. Look for retailers that offer ENERGY STAR products, and inquire with your contractor as to what your potential savings could be by choosing these products.
Find a deal.
- ENERGY STAR providers often offer special sales, rebates and other incentives to purchase their products as part of a government effort to keep energy usage low and costs even lower. Take advantage of these specials to save on your expenses without sacrificing quality.
Get the guide.
- ENERGY STAR offers a free, downloadable guide to home energy efficiency that can help consumers make smarter choices with their heating and cooling systems. Get yours here.
Preparing for Installation or Repair
- Expect a home walk-through. To ensure proper installation or repair of your HVAC system, your contractor will need to conduct a thorough evaluation of your home. Be prepared for this, and be on hand to offer answers to questions and voice your own concerns.
Consider several companies when narrowing down your search. Ask for itemized quotes for goods and services, so that you can compare apples to apples when looking over bids from several sources. The lowest price isn’t the best deal if you’re getting less for your money!
Get it in writing.
- To protect yourself, your home and your peace of mind, ask you contractor for a written, finalized contract before work begins. This way, you can easily dispute unnecessary or errant charges, and the work you’ve been promised will be completed correctly.
Still need more information about hiring an HVAC contractor? Contact Kendall County Air for expert advice, quick quotes and the best service the Boerne area has to offer!